Fager Matilda Titanium Loose rings
Fager Matilda is suitable if you would describe your horse as the following;
- Can be worried in the mouth but get too stiff on straight bits
- Sensitive for pressure, regularly avoiding the contact.
- Struggles to connect with the contact.
- Can overreact when you take the reins
- Reluctant to soften down into the bit.
Matilda is a lightweight double-jointed bit with a locking mechanism. Its mouthpiece features tongue relief, which locks upward, making it suitable for horses with a low palate and sensitive bars who also have a large tongue and prefer tongue relief.
The bit doesn't lock forward like a normal lockup bit, which means that you won't get the stiff feeling of a straight bit.
The joints are rotated away from the tongue, which gives a more gentle, smooth pressure on the tongue. This can be good for horses that can overreact when you take the reins and need to keep the consistent contact through every movement. The lightweight material lets you keep a light feeling in the hand.
If you are searching for a gentle, kind bit for a sensitive horse, we would definitely recommend trying Fager Matilda.